Emilie grew up in Paris where Art is on every corner of the street. Her passion for painting began at a young age. Surrounded by museums and a constant turnover of exhibitions, she learned and practiced a variety of techniques, from realistic watercolors to Chinese calligraphy. It wasn’t long before she began experimenting with abstracts.
Where do you get your inspiration?
I paint when I get the urge. Different sounds, colors, lights, movement can trigger me. The grey of concrete in the city, the smoothness of the clouds. I also listen to a specific song for each painting that I make. It is crucial to set the atmosphere of the studio.
How do you describe your art?
I think my work is a unique expression of the response to the world and people around me.
How do you feel when you are in the middle of creating a new painting?
I’m a combination of calm and chaotic. Without any tangible idea in mind, I let my feelings flow onto the canvas. It’s all about experimentation.
- 2016 Infant Earth, Pumpkin Lane Gallery, Melbourne
- 2017 Meanderings in Visual Language, No Vacancy QV Gallery, Melbourne
- 2016 Emerging Art Australia, Inner Space Gallery, Melbourne
- 2015 Chancery Lane Gallery, Adelaide
- 2015 Melbourne Arts Club Gallery, Melbourne
- Ethereal Landscapes, featured Artist, Artsy Shark
- Featured Artist, Colour Space
- Talking about Abstract – Vlog with Scott from Colour Space – LINK
- The Mirror Abstract interview, WuFeng Design
- Step Into My Studio, featured Artist, Artsy Shark